Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My husband just asked, "Do you want to watch NCIS."

I replied, "I am creating a blog."

He asked, "for the family or for work?"

Herein lies the essence of most working moms these days, work and family are often co-mingled. Certainly in my life. I love being a museum professional and a mom. Each makes the other aspect of my life that much more interesting--and frustrating at times.

So, while looking for photo blogs to share news of the new exhibit The Art of Caring, I wound up working on my own blog.

Here's the promise I will make. I will share my experiences and thoughts as a mom who goes to museums and as a museum professional who's goal is to communicate with moms.

The purpose: Value and Support Museums, Take Your Kids, Teach them to be Life Long Learners.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you!!

    Part of me wants to say, "it's about time," and the other part of me wants to say "as if you have time for one more thing E!"

    You are putting the pressure on and inspiring me to pull the trigger and flip the switch on the blog I've been keeping privately. Maybe I will. Tomorrow. Or the next day. Or maybe next week. Or month.

    Congratulations on the launch! You're gonna be GREAT! <3

    One of your BIGGEST FANS!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete